A Memory Worth Remembering
A Breeze, a Groove, and a Prickly Surprise
I will never forget the sweet, fresh scent of citrus from the day I visited an orange grove at seven years old. My family and I went to an orchard in Khanpur, where I ran through the soft, damp grass. A cool breeze sent a shiver down my spine...I’d even forgotten my knit cap at home. But such a small mistake couldn’t get in the way of a good time.
We picked hundreds of oranges, each one juicy with a perfect balance of sweet and sour. The funniest moment came when my five-year-old brother suddenly screamed and announced that a plant had bitten him. At first, we were confused, but when he pointed to the plant, we saw it had spiky leaves. We all burst out laughing and explained that the plant had pricked him, not bitten him...plants can’t bite!
Looking back, that day at the orchard remains one of my fondest memories. It taught me that nature is full of surprises, and we still laugh about my brother’s “biting” plant during family dinners. The scent of sweet citrus always takes me right back to that simple, happy time.
Comments
Post a Comment