Getting Ready for Another Year of Learning
An Awesome Year of Learning
Being a twelve-year-old homeschooler means my "new school year" doesn't start with a summer break... I just study all year round whenever I feel like it. First, I gather all my favorite supplies: colorful notebooks for my writing, smooth pens for my poetry, and my computer for all our online learning. The best part? I can study literally anywhere ... sometimes at my desk, sometimes on the floor, sometimes curled up on my bed, and on nice days, I take my books up to the rooftop or out into the garden. I also organize our PC with bookmarks for YouTube videos, Khan Academy, Duolingo, and our Blogger page where i share my creative work mostly. This year, I really want to improve my cooking and baking, write better poetry, improve my coding and programing, and get stronger at Urdu and English composition. I'm super excited about languages, arts, and learning new skills, but honestly? Maths is just not my favorite...I find it pretty boring and tricky. When I don't feel like studying, I just take a break, chill for a bit, and come back when I'm ready. I like to study alone ,but other times I study with my little brothers or with my parents, since homeschooling is all about being flexible. I also want to practice good habits like reading every day because it's my absolute favorite hobby, being patient with my siblings, and always asking good questions. What I love most about homeschooling is that I can learn at my own pace through activities, chores, trips, and workshops ... no need to open a textbook every single day! So yeah, with all that prep done, I feel pretty ready and excited for another awesome year of learning my own way.
I also feel that math is tricky and puzzling. I enjoy cooking and baking as well. I have three hobbies: coding, creating artwork, and the most favorite hobby is cooking healthy and delicious food at home.
ReplyDelete