A Rewrite
A Rewrite of my old poem...
Dream
I gazed at the sky, at the stars burning bright,
Lying there wondering...could I take flight?
Like a fairy I’d soar, touch the moon with my feet,
Maybe my story would soon be complete.
I drifted and dreamed as the night gathered deep,
On a cloud soft as wool from a sheep.
That cloud carried me into vast, silent space,
A cold, lonely place with a star-speckled face.
It set me down on the moon, then faded away...
A whisper of “welcome” made me turn and survey.
And there sat an old woman, calm and serene,
Beneath a dark tree with a shadowy sheen.
I thought, Trees on the moon? This can’t be right..,
I’m lost in a world with no day and no night.
Then suddenly, jolted, I opened my eyes,
Sat up in my bed, under ordinary skies.
“OH, WHAT A DREAM!” I cried to the air...
But its ending? I’ll never find it there.
Barirah
Comments
Post a Comment