My Fourth Summer Camp at AIOU
Straw That Stood
This month, I attended the Pakistan Science Club Summer Camp 5.0 in Islamabad. It was my fourth time participating in their Islamabad Summer Camps, and as always, it was a fantastic experience. Every year, the team travels from Karachi to host these incredible camps at AIOU, and I never miss the chance to join.
The camp was divided into two groups: Juniors and Seniors. I was in the Seniors and my brothers in junior.
Each year brings something new, and this time was no different. On the first day, we built a sensor robot, learning about wiring, chips, and sensors along the way. It was a great hands-on introduction to electronics.
The camp ran for five days, with a new project each day. My favorite was the third day's team challenge: building a straw tower that was both weight-resistant and earthquake-resistant. The process was incredibly fun...brainstorming ideas with my teammates and working together to bring our design to life. I suggested making the tower hexagonal with small triangular supports inside, and my team liked the idea.
At the end, all the towers were tested on an earthquake simulator with a book placed on top. The simulator's maximum shaking intensity was 9.5. Most towers collapsed around 3.5, but ours held strong all the way to 9.5 without falling.
In the end, we won the award for best design and stability...a moment I was truly proud of.
Comments
Post a Comment